Simply Blue











Dress: Old Navy (similar color) // Shoes: Converse, (old, similar) // Purse: Forever21 (similar) // Sunnies: Forever21 (similar) // Choker: Five Below (similar here and here) // Necklace: Francesca's (sold out) // Earrings: old, exact copy //  Bird Ring: Five Below // Watch: old, similar // Cuff: old, similar // 

Hello loves. Today I have a new post for you featuring some not so new threads. This blue dress is one of the few sporty pieces I own. Most pieces I own are a mix of feminine, bohemian, and classic with a few staple pieces. If you follow me on Instagram, then you might have caught a small glimpse of me cleaning out my closet this past week. I mean I did a deep cleaning. I pulled everything out, dusted, vacuumed, and even caught the baseboards. I was so amazed at how much dust had collected in the crevices between the carpet and wall. I swear I'm not a huge fan of wall to wall carpeting, but this is a rental.  Anyhow, after I was done, my closet sure looked better. I think I'll do a separate post on my closet clean-out and organization tips, that way I can go over my entire process.

So while, I was doing that I found this piece in there. I hadn't worn it in over a year, but I remember I loved it so much. The reason I hadn't worn it in a year was that I had gained some weight. Last summer I wanted to wear this dress, but I put it on and saw that it was very ill fitting. I wasn't ready to part with it so I stuck it back in my closet. I was at my highest weight then, which was 150 lbs. This coming form a girl who normally weighed 136. So I had gained 14 lbs from my normal. I'm currently down to 141, since last summer. So I thought "why not try it on see if you still love it." I tried it and of course I loved it. It's such an easy piece and super comfortable. I swear I can always count on Old Navy for pieces like this. The best part part about this piece is that it can also be dressed up. Anyways, since this dress is an older piece, I linked some similar pieces below, although it was really hard to find similar pieces in this particular color.  I hope you all have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by.

Shop This Post

No comments