Styling A Romper in Your 30s

So, what gal doesn't love a good romper/play-suit?!






I think my love affair began with this style of clothing when I was about 5 years old. I had this awesome all-in-one top/short set that was black with pink flowers all over and the shorts were black. So, on the surface it looked like a top and separate shorts, but it really was my first say romper, or the first stylish one I remember. 




As I got older, that early 90's trend began to fade and I moved on to more trendier things. But fast forward to like 8 years ago and this trend came back in full swing, and it became a little more sophisticated. I'm in my 30s now and I wonder sometimes if I might be getting a bit too old for this trend. Then, I think that I love it too much to think that I'm getting too old. So long live this trend. I really think the key to styling this as a woman in her 30s it to make it look sophisticated, while still being fun.  I've always said that accessories can make or break an outfit. Don't go over the top with them. I've paired this playful print with a simple gold necklace and earrings, while letting my sunnies and my bag make small statements.




I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for stopping by!

Jacket: New York & Company (old, similar) // Romper: old, cute ones here and here // Sandals: Forever 21 (similar) // Sunglasses: Wal-Mart (similar here and here) // Bag: Target (sold out) // Necklace: Charlotte Russe (old, similar here and here) //Earrings: similar

No comments