#GlitterGoals or No No: NYX Glitter Goals Lipstick Review









I'm finally posting again here! YAY!!! As you guys may know, sometimes I receive products from a company called Influenster to test out. Well, last month they sent me the NYX Glitter Goals Liquid Lipstick to try out. I was truly excited about trying this product because it came just in time for the holidays. Now I didn't have any holiday parties to go to, but I did wear it on a few festive date nights. Also, I wore it on New Years Eve at home while sipping Cupcake Prosecco and singng at the top of my lungs to the Taylor Swift Reputation Tour on Netflix. Ya know, just being a little extra.

I wanna give you my take on this lipstick.

1. The color that was sent to me was Bloodstone. First off, when I first applied this lippie, the color payoff was amazing. You don't need to apply much just to see color, but I love a bold lip so I did about 2 more swipes. Now, I was a little taken aback by the fact that it has glitter in it. I love glitter, but not in lipstick. It's normally really chunky and separates from the product. This wasn't like that at all, so kudos to NYX for getting the glitter in lipstick thing right.

2. The finish is beautiful. It feels like a cream when its on, but dries to a semi-matte state. (Well, it feels semi-matte.) I don't mind this because it ties into my third pro.

3. It doesn't completely dry my lips out. I use a lip balm underneath all my lipsticks, especially the matte ones to prevent dry lips. Most matte lipsticks can really eat up the lip balm, and Glitter Goals doesn't do that.

4. This lippie lasts a pretty long time. I've worn it for more than 4 hours and the color has lasted, but that's without eating or drinking.

The Cons

So as with everything in life, there is few negatives to this product.

1. It does wear down a bit after eating and drinking. I notice that the color disappears from the center of my lips. So I had to reapply to that spot. Most of the lipstick does stay on though.

2. After it dries, it is mildly sticky. I hate a sticky lipstick or lip gloss, but this is actually bearable. It's not so sticky that if my hair grazes my lips it won't stick, but I can feel a bit of stickiness when I part my lips.

3. Now this is a big no, no for me, but... MATTE LIPSTICK SHOULD NOT TRANSFER!!! Even though the finish is matte, if I swipe my fingers across it, some of the color will transfer. I was playing with my dog, Marley one day and I kissed him on the head, forgetting I had the lipstick on and he had a huge red mark on his coat.

Conclusion

My over all take on this product is that it is really fun to use and makes my lips standout beautifully. It retails for about $8.99, standard for drugstore retail prices. I'm an avid coupon clipper when it comes to make up (this is how I justify buying more), so the price doesn't bother me. If I were compare this to other drugstore matte liquid lipsticks in the same price range, I would say I've tried better (no transferring). NYX should re-brand this as a semi-matte. I like this, but I'm not sure if I will buy more of these (maybe one more color, cause I'm a lipstick hoarder). I love NYX products, but this one isn't my absolute fave. Their soft matte creams are much better.

P.S. I've included all the products I used to create this look below. Sorry I couldn't link my earrings or sweater as they are old.

SHOP THIS POST

No comments