The Most Coveted














Top: Wal-Mart (in store) // Jeans: Thrifted (similar) // Scarf: Target (similar) // Earrings: Charming Charlie (old, similar) // Bracelet: old, similar // Boots: Target (similar) // Purse: Forever 21 (similar) // Lips: MAC Fixed on Drama (n/a) 

I will admit that I am a lover of all things cozy. From extra soft blankets to the fuzziest of socks, I'm all for it. This brings me to why I love the blanket scarf trend. It's like wrapping yourself in a blanket that's appropriate for outside the house. 

So, the blanket scarf trend has been around for the last two seasons, and it's not going anywhere. I DIYed one last year which you can see here. But this year, I wanted to get my hands on the coveted tan/plaid color that is so popular. I don't remember who I was watching, but I'm sure it was another blogger on Snapchat. She said that Target had $7 blanket scarves in the Dollar Spot section. Sure enough, I raced there to buy myself one. There were only a handful left when I spotted this one. This color was the last one, and I knew it was meant to be. Big shout out to Target for pricing these at $7. These scarves can be so expensive. I am a lover of scarves, during the fall/winter, but $40 or more for a piece of fabric I can DIY is ridiculous. I've linked similar ones below, that aren't too expensive. So if you haven't picked up one of these yet, don't hesitate. I've worn mine for the past 7 days and I've already gotten great cost per wear. 


2 comments

  1. I feel you! I love blanket scarves, but their price always puts me off (and I swear, the price hardly goes down even during sales). I'll definitely need to try out your DIY and find and nice piece of fabric.

    Arielle from Casual 'n Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! And yes a DIY is so much cheaper and there is no sewing involved, so that's a plus.

      Delete