Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Palette Review

Hello friends. I thought that it would be fun if I did a review of the Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Palette that I was sent courtesy of Influenster. If you have been following this blog for quite some time then, you know who Influenster is, but if not, you can see who they are here.





 So first off, the Eye-Conic palette is offered is six different color sets. The sets are Provocouture, Frivoluxe, Glambition, Edgitorial, Scandalust, and Smartorial. I was sent Edgitorial. When I got the palette I was in awe of how nice the packaging was. I'm not one to pay for designer makeup, especially eyeshadow. I mean I'll definitely stretch my budget to try the latest mascara, but eyeshadow, not so much. It's not that I don't believe in quality shadows, it's just that it's something I don't wear on a daily basis, so I can live without it. So when I say the packaging was top notch, it was. The most surprising part of the packaging was the opening/closing mechanism. It was push button. This makes it easier for traveling. It won't just pop open when dropped.



Each color was richly pigmented. The palette came with a sample primer, but I opted out of using it for the look I created above because I normally use concealer all over my lids instead of a primer. Anyhow, I love how the look came out. I love wearing my makeup as neutral and natural as possible. I used shades (left to right) 1, 3, 4, and 5. The formula was very blend-able and easy to work with. The only set back is the price tag, it's $49 at Sephora. I have 2 palettes that I use on a regular, CoverGirl truNaked Nudes ($12.99)  and Maybelline The Nudes ($10.99). The Eye-Conic palette's quality was definitely on par with those palettes, yet those palettes are significantly cheaper.



So girls, the preference is really in do you prefer the high-end name over the drugstore name. I have my designer things I will pay for and others I won't. Makeup is normally not one of those things (unless it's an amazing mascara), now shoes and bags are a completely different story. I hope you enjoyed my honest review. You can check out more reviews at Sephora.com. Talk to you later!


Products Used: Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Pallette c/o // Maybelline Brow Drama Crayon // Make Up Forever Smoky Lash Mascara // NYC New York Color High Definition Liquid Eyeliner // Revlon ColorStay Concealer // Revlon Nearly Naked Powder // Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette in Coral Glow // Maybelline Clay Crush Lipstick // NYX Lipgloss in Vanilla Creme Pie 



No comments