Estee Edit Vox Box Review


Hello loves! Today's post is all about the Estee Edit Box I received from Influenster. Now I've mentioned Influenster a couple of months in this post. I was really surprised when I was given full size products to review. These products can run you a pretty penny. So of course I had to try them out and see if they were worth the hype (and the money).




I can honestly say that I love this product when used as a highlighter. I hate it when it's used the way it was intended. From what I understand, it is to be used all over the face for an illuminating glow, that also brightens skin. Well, I don't know if it brightens skin because I just couldn't bear to wear it all over my face. Although it is moisturizing, I didn't like the idea of my entire face looking overly sparkly. I normally stay away from products that claim to make skin bright and dewy, because of the glitter factor.  The color is the prettiest champagne color and the consistency is like a light cream.
When doing my makeup I add a bit of this to the tops of my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. I absolutely adore it on my nose. It gives me a subtle contour. Also I use it in the exact same way when I go without makeup to add a bit of dimension to my skin. 
I have not noticed a difference in my cheeks or nose being brighter either. All in all my opinion is that this is just an expensive highlighter. While the product will last you a long time, since you only need a dot to use as a highlighter, the overall cost of the product is not worth the price tag. 




The shadow color I was provided was AuquaNova. While this color is not an everyday color, it was still very beautiful. When I was younger I used to wear colors like this, but now I prefer to wear more neutral tones. The cream shadow was very blendable and highly pigmented. I used it in the crease to smoke out a light teal eye shadow, and added a touch of the glitter to my inner eye. There was no creasing and it lasted for most of the day (3pm -11pm). I could see myself using this more if it was brown or taupe. I use those colors everyday in my makeup routine. As far as formulation, I think it's worth the price, but for the color it's definitely not worth me buying. I may use this for Halloween or when I just want that extra pop of color. Also I could see myself using an eyeliner brush to use it as eyeliner. 




Let me start off by saying this is the creamiest eye pencil I have ever tried. It literally just glides on. There's no need to add any pressure in your fingers. It's almost like magic. Now that being said, this is a bad thing and a good thing. First the good. The fact that it glides on means that I didn't have to tug on my eyelids to get a deep enough line. Tugging on your eyelids obviously leads to premature wrinkles and honey no one wants that. The color of the navy is absolutely stunning. The tiny flecks of shimmer give nice dimension. The baby blue side was of the same consistency, but not a color I gravitate to. This pencil is perfect if you're a fan of the smudgy look. Smudging this is as simple as taking a cotton swab and running it lightly across the eyeliner. Now the bad side of an easy glide on pencil is that as easy as it is to apply, it's just as easy for it to be gone. One day I wore the liner to work. After a few hours I totally forgot I had on eyeliner and I rubbed my eye. Needless to say, I had navy all over my under-eye. I didn't notice until I later went to the restroom. So that creaminess can work against you, girl! While I don't get outrageous with my eye shadow colors, I definitely love to use colored eyeliner for a more fun look. I could definitely see my self purchasing this pencil, but of course I would choose Extreme Black / Gunmetal black so that it would get more use.

Late Night Eraser Brightening Eye Balm with Pink Peony ($42)




This is hands down my favorite product in the entire voxbox. I use it at least 5 days a week. I always make sure I use it under my makeup and when I have early work mornings. The silver applicator tip is so cooling. At first, I really didn't notice a difference in my eyes. I was thinking this is so worthless, but after about 2 weeks I noticed how awesome this product is. It claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness using pink peony, cucumber, and apple and moisturize using hyaluronic acid.  As someone who blogs late nights and works full time, I was looking for this to be amazing. This eye cream is very refreshing and cooling. Now, it definitely got rid of the puffiness under my eyes. Now, I'm not sure if that's entirely due to the cream, or if it's a combination of the cooling tip and the cream, but it does work. As for brightening my under eye, I didn't see a change. I've read a lot of reviews saying that this causes the concealer to crease, but I have never had that problem. The concealer I use is Revlon ColorStay. Now the important question is "is it worth the money?" Well, as much as I like this product, I could never see myself paying $42 for an eye cream that half asses the job. This brand obviously has a bunch of great products, but I've always tried to be a budget friendly gal, and more importantly a budget friendly blogger, and this is not that budget friendly. 



Overall, I like the products and am grateful I got to try them all, but I couldn't see myself doling out that much cash for such okay products. Hope this review helped you dolls! And who knows maybe with more use my opinion may change, but for now this is my honest opinion. Thanks for stopping by!




No comments